Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sumo Wrestler

SEIKO Scuba 200m "SUMO"
Caliber 6R15-00G0 Twenty-three jewels
Handwinding and Hacking movement

It took me a long long long time to finally decide on the Sumo. Fellow collectors asked me why took so long. Even after acquiring the Tuna Emperor and the MM300, I was then still undecided. All along, I thought that the Tuna is too long for my wrist and that the bezel fonts are ugly. One day I met up with fellow collector Brandon and he was wearing a Black Sumo. Coincidentally he has the same wrist size as I do. I tried on his Sumo and it fits perfectly!
And so I revisited all Sumo reviews and finally, I am decided. Noah happened to have a mint used Blue Sumo and I thought why not for a wearer. I had too many black dial Divers so blue is a refreshing change.


When the Sumo finally arrived after a long long ship journey from Canada to Singapore, I was glad it arrived safely and as described. The blue is stunning. The bracelet did not appeal to me now so I am using an Oris-inspired rubber strap with depoyant clasp.


A nice touch is the drilled through lug holes and signed crown. Notice that the bezel is slightly recessed into the case, very aestically done.



(movement picture taken from the Net)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, may I know where did you get your rubber strap? It looks great on your Sumo and I am thinking of getting one for my Sumo as well.

Thanks
Jeff
Singapore

kohym said...

I bought mine from K2 Watch Co at Tg Katong Complex. It is quite easily bought at many other places too.

xrxnxj said...

i fell in love with this watch! nice

LETS GO CYCLING said...

I have 1 green sumo recently, bought it from phuket island Thailand.