Sunday, January 22, 2012

Moonphase Moonwatch

Two reasons why I decided on the Moonphase Speedmaster:

(1) Omega rarely has a moonphase complication and I felt there is a iconic linkage between a moonphase and the historic significance of the Moonwatch.

(2) Transparent caseback displaying the beautiful handwinding caliber. Initially I had a thought to replace the steel caseback on my Speedy Moon to a clear sapphire one. With this, I no longer need another clear caseback.


The moon and stars against a blue night sky on the moonphase calendar wheel is truly breathtaking!




The moonphase wheel and pointer date can be set by depressing the two flushed buttons (shown above). To complete the package, Omega included an original tool (shown below) for the date and moonphase setting function.

No comments: